SOS re: Wave/MP3 Recorder

Henrietta Lempert lempert at psych.utoronto.ca
Mon Jul 12 23:27:57 UTC 2010

Has anyone used a Roland R-05 Wave/MP3 recorder to record speech and/or
songs, save the input on a computer, and record back from a computer file
to a digital or tape recorder to present the stimuli to research
participants.

(I am not technologically advanced in this area - I still use a nice
reliable tape recorder so may be embarassing myself with this question).

According to the owner's manual, it can record meetings and do all kinds
of fancy things with music...and it cost only $269 Canadian...but can it
do the above?

I'd be grateful if someone could recommend a reasonably priced alternative
that could do the job -(I have 7 days to return the Roland)

Many thanks,

Henrietta Lempert