Digest for info-childes at googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic,

Diane Pesco dpesco at education.concordia.ca
Wed Jul 14 13:58:24 UTC 2010

Hello,
I've used Edirol but have had equally good success with an inexpensive
(about $100) Panasonic RRUS-570 (or later models, if 570 discontinued,
e.g. 590 stores 2 GB) which also has a zoom.  I bought it here in Canada.
One advantage of the Edirol I used is that you can rename files right on
the recorder; on the Panasonic you cannot. There are other pros and cons,
but my research assistants involved in transcribing report that the
recordings from the Panasonic are better! You'd have to check if you can
transfer files back onto the recorder; I suspect so but never tried.
Diane Pesco