Digest for info-childes at googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic,

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Wed Jul 14 15:18:24 UTC 2010

Dear Diane,

    Are you setting the option on the Edirol to record in high quality CD format?  If not, that could make
a big difference. GIven that the RRUS-570 only records in MP3, it would be remarkable for it to be better
than the Edirol in full CD format.
    Also, I would second Gary's note that the Zoom H2 has very confusing buttons and controls.
In that regard, the Edirol R-09 (the model I have and which I recommend at http://talkbank.org/da/record.html)
is much better.  Also, as I note at that page, the BossMicro gets good reviews, but I haven't tested it out myself
yet.
   In general, because we continually have discussion of these issues, I try to keep the information at
http://talkbank.org/da/record.html accurate.  So far, I haven't found anything in the discussion here so far to change
what I have there, but this stuff is tricky and I can't test out every possible device.

--Brian MacWhinney