Digest for info-childes at googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic,

Kristen Syrett syrettk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:54:11 UTC 2010

Hello,
Given the topic of this discussion, I thought I would take the opportunity
to ask a related question.  My colleague and I at Rutgers University are
working on a project analyzing the acoustics of children¹s speech in
different discourse contexts.  We are interested in talking with anyone else
who has experience measuring formant values in children¹s speech.  We have
very clear measures for F0, vowel intensity, vowel duration, and consonants,
but are finding that it¹s a little challenging to obtain just the right
settings for F1 and F2.  The children are 3-5 years of age.  We used an
Edirol recorder and have been using Praat for acoustic analysis.

If you have any advice or relevant references to share, please email me
directly at k-syrett at ruccs.rutgers.edu.  I will post a summary of responses
I receive using the group email afterwards.

Thank you,
Kristen Syrett

--

Kristen Syrett, Ph.D.