adult frog stories in English

Dan I. Slobin slobin at berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 18 20:17:07 UTC 2010

Dear Barbara,

I received a similar email and sent the student our corpus of adult
English frog stories.  But I don't understand why the original
Berkeley frog story database is no longer on CHILDES.
I've attached the entire corpus, as it used to appear on CHILDES, in
the hope that it can be re-posted for public access.

Best,
Dan

At 12:01 PM 3/18/2010, Barbara Zurer Pearson wrote:
>Dear Infochilds,
>
>I am corresponding with a student (and her teacher) in central
>China.  She was very happy to learn of the link to children's frog
>stories in English, but wonders if someone has any of them--to
>share--from adults (or at least teenagers)?
>
>I don't see any listed in the database manual on the CHILDES
>site.  Does anyone know of any that we could share with her?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Barbara
>Barbara Zurer Pearson, Ph.D.
>Research Associate
>Depts of Linguistics & Communication Disorders
>RAB, 70 Butterfield Terrace
>University of Massachusetts
>Amherst MA 01003
>
>Tel: 413-545-5023
>Fax: 413-545-2792
>
><mailto:bpearson at research.umass.edu>bpearson at research.umass.edu
>www.umass.edu/aae/bp_indexold.htm
>www.zurer.com/pearson/bilingualchild
>
>--

Dan I. Slobin, Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Linguistics

address:
email: slobin at berkeley.edu
Department of Psychology                                phone
(Dept):  1-510-642-5292
3210 Tolman #1650                                       phone (home):
1-510-848-1769
University of California                                        fax:
1-510-642-5293
Berkeley, CA 94720-1650,
USA
<http://psychology.berkeley.edu/faculty/profiles/dslobin.html>http://psychology.berkeley.edu/faculty/profiles/dslobin.html