out of copyright

Barbara Zurer Pearson bpearson at research.umass.edu
Wed Mar 31 20:11:24 UTC 2010

Dear Dan,
I don't know how Ann did it, but I just asked.  So, Random House gave me the Spanish language rights to my book back.  Their contract department sent me an addendum to the original contract. The fun part is that I'm getting my book published in Spanish(!)  (The little company in Spain has also asked for the rights to Basque, Gallego, and Catalan, but they haven't come through as easily.  I guess it has about zero priority for them.)

Asking is a good starting point.

Cheers,
Barbara
Barbara Zurer Pearson, Ph.D.
Research Associate
Depts of Linguistics & Communication Disorders
RAB, 70 Butterfield Terrace
University of Massachusetts
Amherst MA 01003

Tel: 413-545-5023