IASCL award for contributions to the field

Lieven, Elena lieven at eva.mpg.de
Sat May 15 16:42:41 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I've been reading with interest and enthusiasm all the messages about
(a) some kind of celebration symposium, at the IASCL conference in
Montreal, of CHILDES and Brian's work and (b) some kind of (?
triennial) award (?the 'Roger Brown' award) for outstanding service to
the field.

In the case of the symposium, I gather that Ping Li has this in hand
and is in discussions with Henri Cohen, the Conference Organiser and
others.

In the case of the proposed award, a formal proposal has to be made to
the IASCL committee and, since money is involved, if the committee
approve it, it would have to be forwarded to the IASCL board (which
meets on June 28th).  I am happy to work with people on this if they
contact me.

all the best
Elena Lieven
President, IASCL