Masters Program in Psychology at Bucknell University

ruthtincoff ruth.tincoff at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:49:39 UTC 2011

Please share this message with students. The M.S. program aims to prepare
students for Ph.D. programs. Students who enroll in the program often are
looking for additional research experience, time to clarify their
professional goals, or are seeking a terminal Masters degree.

Bucknell’s Master’s program <http://www.bucknell.edu/x1274.xml> in
psychology is a full-time, two-year program in general-experimental
psychology that leads to the M.S. degree.  Our program is small and
selective, as we accept 2-3 students per year.  Many students who graduate
from our program continue on to a Ph.D.  In recent years, graduates have
enrolled in doctoral programs in many areas of psychology--clinical,
cognitive, human development, neuroscience, social, behavioral medicine, and
others.

We seek out applicants who are committed to conducting high-quality
empirical research and who wish to be active, contributing members of a
department community.  Our master’s students typically receive a full
tuition remission plus a stipend for serving as a TA.   For the 2008-2009
academic year, the stipend was $8800. Each semester, students take two
courses, conduct research with their advisor, and serve as a Teaching
Assistant, typically in our Introductory or Statistics course.

Potential applicants may contact those faculty<http://www.bucknell.edu/x64716.xml>whose interests seem to offer a good match.  With questions about the
program, contact the coordinator of the master’s program, Prof. Bill Flack
(570-577-1131), wflack at bucknell.edu <wflack at bucknell.edu?subject=>).  The
departmental secretary is Ms. Kay Ocker (ocker at bucknell.edu, 570-577-1200).