Exposure to native language questionnaire

Caroline Floccia caroline at carolinefloccia.info
Wed Feb 23 16:33:30 UTC 2011

Dear Rita,
I attach it to this email. It starts with a series of questions which will
determine which section to fill in. All parents have to fill in section D
anyway, which contains information such as date of birth, SES, etc. But
section B and C are for parents of bilingual kids: one is for families where
both parents speak the Additional Language (both French for example), and
the other for families where only one parent is non-English speaker (Mum
French and Dad English for example). We didn't develop anything for families
in which more than one additional language is spoken (Mum French, Dad
Spanish for example).
Also, you need to know that after extensive piloting, we have decided to
increase the weight of the mother's input, that is, whatever she does
(speaking only English, or only French, or half half) counts more than what
the father does.
Columns D and after are full of calculations, nothing should be changed
there.
What we usually do is that we print the first 4 pages, and we are next to
the parent when she/he fills it in. Then we simply enter the numbers in the
excel spreadsheet afterwards, and that gives us the percentage of exposure.
Please let me know if you ave any question/problem.
I also enclose a word document that contains the explanations as to how the
entire calculations work.

I hope it will help!
Caroline