Fwd: Vocabulary assessment in bilingual children

Susan Gelman gelman at umich.edu
Tue Jul 19 15:44:05 UTC 2011

Hi All,
Twila Tardif and her colleagues have work on this as well (see below for references).  I'm told that the actual CDI plus manuals can be ordered for both Mandarin & Cantonese long & short forms, infants and toddlers, by contacting Twila (twila at umich.edu) or Temuulen Johnson (email: temuulen at umich.edu).

Tardif, T., Fletcher, P., Zhang, Z.X., Liang, W.L., & Zuo, Q.H. (2008).  The Chinese Communicative Development Inventory (Putonghua and Cantonese versions): Manual, Forms, and Norms.  Peking University Medical Press.

Tardif, T., Fletcher, P., Liang, W.L, & Kaciroti, N. (2009).  Early vocabulary development in Mandarin (Putonghua) and Cantonese.  Journal of Child Language, 36, 1115-1144.  PMID: 19435545.

e-mail:  gelman at umich.edu

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/gelman.lab/home