Effect sizes in monolingual and bilingual infants on speech perception/word learning tasks

Yvan Rose yrose at mun.ca
Fri Nov 18 16:14:43 UTC 2011

Dear Leher,
While your question transcends my area of expertise, I would like to suggest that you look at recent work by Christopher Fennell (and colleagues) on the topic. Chris presented evidence at the latest BUCLD conference which suggests that bilingual toddlers are not at a disadvantage in online tasks as long as the experimental setting offers them some indication of what language is relevant to a given form (e.g. a language-appropriate carrier sentence).

I hope you find this useful.

Best regards,
Yvan

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2011.php