Checklist of Baby's First Words

Margaret Friend mfriend at sciences.sdsu.edu
Mon Apr 9 22:28:24 UTC 2012

Hello Michelle,

The MCDI is a parent-report instrument with an extensive word list that has
been adapted to many languages.  You may want to check out the MCDI Chinese
adaptation.  You can find information about that and other adaptations here:

http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/cdi/adaptations_ol.htm

Best,
Maggie Friend

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Xiaowei Zhao <xiaoweizhao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Michelle,
>
> From you name, I guess that you can speak Chinese. Therefore the one shown
> below might be useful to you, which is a check list for Chinese-speaking
> children from my colleague Ping Li at Penn State. Of course  CDI is another
> good source if you are interested in early English  learning.
>
> http://www.personal.psu.edu/pul8/early_vocab.shtml
>
> Best wishes,
> Xiaowei Zhao
>
> Assistant Professor of Psychology
> Emmanuel College
>

> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM, 李敏仪 <michellestv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> I have recently graduated from my master degree and now I am preparing my
>> research plan about language acquisition, focusing on baby's early
>> learning.
>> And I am now looking for a checklist of a baby's first words.
>>
>> I am wondering whether you have any resource about this kind of checklist
>> with about 500 words.
>> If there is any, please send me the checklist or provide me with certain
>> clues about where I can find this kind of checklist.
>>

>> Thanks for your attention and thanks for your help.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Michelle
>>
>> --
>>

>  --

Margaret Friend, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Psychology
and Doctoral Program in Language and Communicative Disorders
Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
San Diego State University
6505 Alvarado Road, Suite 101
San Diego, CA 92120