Detecting Embedded Tensed Clauses

john limber limber at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 14:17:16 UTC 2012

Hi Adam-  I'm don't know if you've tried this but I'd try filtering the
database for the comp verbs and then working on that fairly small subset (in
most cases I'd expect‹so small for young children you could eyeball the
short list.)

Some years ago Ray Jackendoff and others prepared a  very useful list of
these verbs and their various arguments.  I've had students use that list
and basic unix ‹especially GREP-- utilities to crudely filter texts.

Good luck

--
John Limber
Psychology