child-parent interactions

Jo Van Herwegen jo.vanherwegen at googlemail.com
Fri May 25 11:43:38 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I am investigating parent-child interactions in infants with
developmental disorders aged 6 months to 3 years. We recorded free
play sessions between mother and infant and would like to analyse the
language used for mother and child as well as co-operation, mother's
sensitivity and intrusiveness, child's responsiveness etc. There are
lots of coding schemes out there. Can anyone suggest a coding scheme
that allows for quantification of behaviour but does not involve
expense training of research assistants?

Thanks!

Jo