job postings

Janna B Oetting cdjanna at lsu.edu
Tue Oct 23 21:27:22 UTC 2012

October 3, 2012

Re: Search for two Assistant Professors in Communication Sciences and
Disorders

Dear Colleague,

The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Louisiana
State University seeks two, tenure-track Assistant Professors to begin
Fall, 2013. LSU is a Research I University with outstanding research
facilities and funding support. For example, Louisiana Board of Regents
offers a substantial grant program that supports research of new
faculty; such funding opportunities contribute to LSU's position among
the top 30 public universities in total research awards. Our department
also has close ties with related units/centers in and around the campus,
facilitating interdisciplinary research collaborations. These centers
include Life Course and Aging Center and the Interdisciplinary Program
in Linguistics, and Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center.
Finally, Baton Rouge, the capital of the state of Louisiana, boasts a
revival in its downtown area, an active cultural scene, and a below
average cost of living.

The candidates must have a Ph.D. or equivalent in Speech Sciences and
Communication Disorders or a related discipline and a demonstrated
commitment to scholarly research. The successful applicants will be
expected to conduct research in his/her area of expertise, seek
extramural funding for research activities, teach undergraduate and/or
graduate courses, mentor undergraduate and graduate students in
research, and participate in related scholarly activities. Strong
candidates in all areas of specialization will receive full
consideration.

In order to be assured of full consideration, applications should be
received by December 1, 2012, although the search will remain active
until the positions are filled. Applicants should submit the following
material on-line 1) a cover letter including a summary of research and
teaching experience, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) a 5 year research plan, 4)
3 examples of their published works. In addition, applicants should have
three letters of recommendation submitted directly to: Melda Kunduk
Ph.D., Search Committee Chair at mkunduk at lsu.edu
<mailto:mkunduk at lsu.edu>

Louisiana State University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
Employer. Women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, disabled veterans and
individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

Apply online at:

www.lsusystemcareers.lsu.edu.Position#000352
<http://www.lsusystemcareers.lsu.edu.Position#009199>

Melda Kunduk Ph.D. CCC-SLP

Search Committee Chair

Associate Professor,

LSU-Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Baton Rouge,

LSUHSC- Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, New Orleans.

The Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center-Voice Center, Baton
Rouge

Janna B. Oetting, Ph.D.

Graduate Coordinator

Communication Sciences & Disorders/Linguistics

64 Hatcher Hall

Louisiana State University

Baton Rouge, LA 70803

225-LSU-2545