using words or trials as subjects

Margaret Friend mfriend at sciences.sdsu.edu
Tue Oct 30 22:44:38 UTC 2012

Dear All,

I am looking for a paper and I'm not sure where to begin.  We have a study
with a small sample but many, many trials.  We would like to organize our
data by trial (rather than subject) as this gives us much greater power and
also allows us to ask about relations within the data on a trial by trial
basis.  I seem to recall an older paper on doing something like this:
 transposing data to treat words as subjects.

Does anyone remember this paper and, if so, would you please send me the
citation?

Thanks in advance,
Maggie

--