CONF in Paris Sept 10-12: SELF-TALK - FORMS AN PRACTICES

Aliyah MORGENSTERN aliyah.morgenstern at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 10:22:41 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

For those of you who are in Paris in September, here is the program of a conference on self-talk that might interest you.
The whole program is attached in the pdf file, the part of the program with presentations in English is reproduced below.
Registration is free but please write to
monologue at univ-paris3.fr
so that we can organize coffee-breaks and lunches for everyone (offered).

Best wishes for the new term,

Aliyah Morgenstern
Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3

Tuesday September 11th
14h30 Holmberg, Newcastle University
How to address yourself when talking to yourself: you or I, or we?

Discussion

15h45 Stranded efforts – How monologic are online communications?

(Heike ORTNER, University of Innsbruck)

Pause

16h45 Experimental dialogic talk : Monologue intérieur and children’s Selftalk

(Stéphanie SMADJA, Université Paris Diderot et Aliyah MORGENSTERN, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle- Paris 3)

Discussion

17h30 Kirill THOMPSON, National Taiwan University

Dinner in town

Wednesday September 12th
9h30 Katherine NELSON, City University of New-York Graduate Center

Functions of private speech in very young children

10h30 Japanese children’s self-talk in the context of triadic parent- sibling interaction

(Hiroko KASUYA et Kayoko UEMURA, Bunkyo Gakuin University)

Discussion
Pause

11h45 Preverbal children also ‘talk’ to themselves:

Private prespeech vocalizations and their relation to language development.

(Alexandra KAROUSOU, Democritus University of Thrace & Susana LOPEZ-ORNAT, Universidad Complutense de Madrid)

12h15 Infants ́ private vocal activity is less speech-like
than communicative utterances. Is this always true?

(Laura VIVAS FERNANDEZ & Susana LOPEZ ORNAT, Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
Discussion

Final Buffet– Concert
Monologues musicaux de la Renaissance

Sorbonne Scholars
Chantal Schütz, soprano et François Bonnet, luth et théorbe