Bilingual CDI

O'Toole, Ciara C.OToole at ucc.ie
Tue Sep 25 17:42:26 UTC 2012

Hi Francesca
we developed a bilingual CDI for Irish-English speakers as all speakers of
Irish are bilingual so it was appropriate for this context. You might need
to consider whether this would be appropriate for your target group as
sometimes parents do not know the 2nd language sufficiently in order to
complete the CDI for their child in this language. I have discussed this in
the chapter mentioned by Ginny. Annick DeHouwer also discusses this in her
publications. If you email me at c.otoole at ucc.ie I can send you on our CDI
and discuss more with you
regards
Ciara