A related question and comment Abridged summary of info-childes at googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

rose maier rosie.maier at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 16:15:51 UTC 2013

Dear Isabelle,
The NSF tracks information about the participation of women, minorities,
and people with disabilities in STEM fields, and makes the most current
data publicly available here:
http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/wmpd/2013/tables.cfm
These tables include information on women's enrollment in undergraduate and
graduate programs, as well as degrees awarded at various levels (BS/BA
through PhD) and attainment of career milestones. If you select the tables
organized by field and then by gender, you should be able to get the
information you're looking for about Linguistics.
Cheers,
Rose Maier

Rose Maier
Doctoral Student