History of theories in language acquisition

Aliyah MORGENSTERN aliyah.morgenstern at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 22:00:19 UTC 2013

Dear Mavis,
who is the "we"? American scientists? American textbooks?
You are right in general of course but it's even more so in the States I would think. The only course I had in language acquisition as a student did at least begin the history of the field in the mid 19th century and so do I, as a professor. Last year a PhD was defended in Aix in which the candidate, now a doctor, Guillaume Roux, did try to trace back the history of the field (but only on the notion of words in acquisition) from at least ancient Egypt up to now.
http://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00/82/93/73/PDF/2012_roux_diff.pdf
Best,
Aliyah from Paris