past IASCL meetings

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Mon Jan 28 15:42:47 UTC 2013

Dear Edy, Ayhan, and Liang,

    Many thanks.  We already have Lund, and thanks to Liang Chen we now also have the original electronic version from Berlin.  So our collection is getting close to what we might be able to expect.  It's true that finding something from the very first meeting in London in 1975 would be cool.  Regarding 1996, let's see what Ayhan locates when she gets back to Istanbul.  Of course, original computer files are the best in all cases, but when we go farther back, it becomes less and less likely that we can find those, but perhaps Donostia and Madison will turn up some time.   In any case, we have the scanned copies for those now.
    I'm impressed that you folks keep these programs.  I am so compulsive about making everything electronic that my bookshelves and files grow smaller and smaller each year.  Don't worry, I am very careful about keeping copies of CHILDES data.
    Right now all of these are at http://childes.talkbank.org/IASCL    Eventually, we will put them on the iascl.org server.

--Brian and Virginia