POSITION OPEN AT THE UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE!

Roberta Golinkoff Roberta at udel.edu
Sun Oct 20 11:58:08 UTC 2013

*Assistant Professor in Special Education*

*School of Education*

*University of Delaware*

Appointment effective September 1, 2014

An innovative leader in research and teaching, the University of Delaware
combines a rich historic legacy with a commitment to undergraduate
education and the creation of new knowledge. The University ranks 50th in
the nation for receipt of grant funding and boasts a supportive and
innovative environment for excellent research. The School of Education,
despite its relatively small size of 50 tenure-track faculty, is a dynamic
community of scholars that was ranked 37th among graduate schools of
education in the 2013 U.S. News and World Report rankings. The main campus
in Newark, Delaware, provides the amenities of a vibrant college town with
convenient access to the major cities of the East Coast.

The School of Education in the College of Education & Human Development
invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in
Special Education. We are looking for individuals who will be the thought
leaders of their disciplines. Applicants should have an earned doctorate in
Special Education or a related field and a research focus on children or
adolescents with disabilities or students at risk for disabilities.
Specific areas of research interest may include, but are not limited to,
literacy, mathematics, assessment, content area learning, behavior
disorders, or culturally and linguistically diverse learners with
disabilities.

The School seeks a dynamic scholar to join a productive faculty who have
received research grants from the National Science Foundation, the
Institute of Education Sciences, the National Institute of Child Health and
Human Development, state agencies, and private foundations. Our faculty are
currently funded for research and model demonstration activities in the
areas of first-grade writing instruction, basic writing instruction at the
college level, a number sense intervention for at-risk kindergarten children,
postsecondary programs for students with intellectual disabilities, and
supporting teachers of young English learners.

The individual hired for this position will engage in a systematic program
of research on topics of national importance, teach undergraduate and
graduate courses, and advise master’s and doctoral students. At the
undergraduate and masters levels, we are particularly interested in
candidates with the ability to teach courses on evidence-based
instructional practices. At the doctoral level, faculty can participate in
PhD specializations such as Literacy and Learning Problems, Learning
Sciences, and Sociocultural and Community Approaches.  We welcome
individuals who have an interdisciplinary approach that will foster
collaboration with other faculty in the School, College, or an affiliated
research and service center, such as the Center for Disabilities Studies.

The University and the College are committed to creating an educational
community that is intellectually, ethnically, culturally, and socially
diverse enriched by the contributions and full participation of persons
from many different backgrounds.

To apply:

Submit a curriculum vitae and a letter of interest describing
qualifications, experience, and research interests online at
www.udel.edu/udjobs.

In addition, three references from individuals who can specifically comment
upon your research expertise, teaching ability, and relevant experiences
can be sent to Joanne Fitzpatrick either electronically (jofitz at udel.edu)
or by mail: Joanne Fitzpatrick, Special Education Search, School of
Education, University of Delaware, Newark DE 19716.  Direct questions to
Charles MacArthur, Search Committee Chair, macarthu at udel.edu.

Deadline: Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2013 and will
continue until the position is filled.

--
Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, Ph. D.
Unidel H. Rodney Sharp Professor