new multilingual corpus, Sachs linked

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Mon Oct 28 13:36:08 UTC 2013

Dear Info-CHILDES,
     I am happy to announce the addition to CHILDES of a new corpus from Megan Devlin and colleagues at the University of Ulster.  This corpus, called ProjectS, is a study of a girl in Ulster learning English.  Although the transcripts are largely in English, she is also learning Italian and Scottish Gaelic and those languages figure in the transcripts on occasion.
    I would also like to announce that we have now linked the transcripts for the Sachs corpus to the corresponding audio.  The Sachs corpus has been used in many analyses of the acquisitioin of English and having these transcripts linked to audio may make additional types of analyses easier.

Best regards,

—Brian MacWhinney