mental state verbs

Vikki Janke v.janke at kent.ac.uk
Fri Apr 4 16:25:53 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any standard criteria used to code children's knowledge
of mental state verbs? I'm measuring children's progression of sentences
with certain kinds of complements (x persuaded y to, x promised y to, x
tried to) and the children have given me lots of convincing examples of
their understanding of these words independently of the constructions but I
wondered if an already tried and tested coding scheme existed that I could
use/adapt?

Thanks!

Vikki