# of IASCL papers and contributors - with attachment

Virginia Valian vvvstudents at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 17:32:12 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

For real this time!  Thanks to Eve Clark for pointing out the lack of
attachment in the previous email.

Brian Macwhinney and I and our teams have compiled information on the
number of presentations and presenters at IASCL conferences from 1981
to 2014.  As you will see, there are (too) many columns that are
missing information.  If you can provide any of the missing
information, please do let me know so we can update this.

The 1981 conference in Vancouver had 122 abstracts.  The 2014
conference in Amsterdam had 574.  The field has indeed increased!

We hope that this information about the growing size of the field may
be useful when you are making requests for support of any sort,
whether through funding agencies or within your institution.

Best wishes,

VVV

--
Virginia Valian
Distinguished Professor, Hunter College and CUNY Graduate Center
email:  vvvstudents at gmail.com

http://maxweber.hunter.cuny.edu/psych/faculty/valian/valian.htm
http://littlelinguist.hunter.cuny.edu/
http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/genderequity/