Idiom comprehension in child language

Bruno Estigarribia brunilda at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:35:58 UTC 2014

Dear Huseyin,

I would say if you are working on idioms, do not forget to check
Nunberg, Sag, and Wasow's (1994) paper in Language, titled "Idioms". It
is available online if you google it. Tom Wasow used to say that was the
best paper he'd ever written. Although it doesn't deal with child
language per se, you absolutely must read it in order to understand
issues such as compositionality, conventionality, and the interpretation
of different kinds of idioms.
Bruno Estigarribia