References

Lawler, John M jlawler at UMICH.EDU
Thu Aug 12 16:51:33 UTC 2004

Hi, Sandy --

Good idea.

One starting point is Margaret Magnus's bibliographies,
which are available on the Web:
   General:    http://www.conknet.com/~mmagnus/Bibliography.html
   Annotated:  http://www.conknet.com/~mmagnus/AnnotBiblio.html
In addition, there's the Literature Review chapter from her
dissertation:  http://www.conknet.com/~mmagnus/LitReview.pdf

I've published a couple things lately that haven't shown up there
yet, which contain some bibliography (though mostly only with
regard to the Assonance-Rime Analysis that I work on):

'Style Stands Still', an essay from a literary journal
    http://www.umich.edu/~jlawler/style.pdf,
and
'The Data Fetishist's Guide to Rime Coherence', from the Ross
Festschrift
    http://www.umich.edu/~jlawler/rimecoherence.pdf,

In addition, I've managed to get the original  1981 Rhodes and Lawler
'Athematic Metaphors' from CLS 17 into digital form; it's at
   http://www.umich.edu/~jlawler/Rhodes-Lawler-1981-cls17.pdf

More, please.

Cheers,

 -John Lawler  http://www.umich.edu/~jlawler  U Michigan Linguistics
Dept

  "Since in human speech, different sounds have different meaning, to
   study the coordination of certain sounds with certain meanings is to
   study language."  -- Leonard Bloomfield