[LAP] BS in Translation and Interpretation at NUML (Admission Open)

Jamil Asghar jasghar at numl.edu.pk
Sat Jan 5 13:46:01 UTC 2019

Translation plays a pivotal role in our multilingual world as it enables
effective and empathetic communication between people around the world. It
is a courier for the transmission of knowledge, a protector of cultural
heritage, and essential to the development of a global economy. The
necessity of both translation itself and learning to understand what
translation involves is increasing day by day. It is a social and cultural
practice as much as a textual, linguistic and inter-semiotic operation of
mutual transfer. It is also necessary for the spread of information,
knowledge, and ideas as most knowledge circulating throughout the world
today, whether at the individual or institutional level, would simply not
exist without translations.

The Department of Translation and Interpretation is offering a unique set
of services which range from academic to professional i.e. apart from
providing high quality translation services to our clients we are also
offering certificate and BS programs.  With its highly qualified faculty
and state-of-the-art facilities, the Department of Translation and
Interpretation is committed to excellence in meeting the national as well
as global challenges of inter-lingual and intercultural communication.

With sincere thanks,

*Dr *
*Jamil Asghar*
*Director, Department of Translation & Interpretation *
National University Modern Languages Islamabad
HEC-Approved Supervisor
Research Fellowship in Translation Studies (USA)
PhD English Linguistics (Translation Studies)
MA Philosophy (Distinction)
MA Political Science (Distinction)
MA English
, Linguistics & English Literature