[Lexicog] Kweyol dictionary: Why popular? How user-friendly?

David Frank david_frank at SIL.ORG
Mon Jan 26 22:25:51 UTC 2004

from David Frank:

Wayne, the link you gave didn't work for me, but I believe I found what you
were talking about at www.pdf995.com. I haven't tried it yet.

You asked about making links work on PDF files generated with pdf995. I
notice that the same company has a companion program called pdfedit995 that
"offers a wealth of additional functionality, such as... automatic link
insertion."

According to the web site, both of these programs are free but pop up an
advertisement each time they are run, but you can register your copy for
about $10/each to remove the advertisements.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Leman" <wayne_leman at sil.org>
To: <lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 12:32 AM
Subject: [Lexicog] Kweyol dictionary: Why popular? How user-friendly?

I prefer a process which is even easier than the one you describe. I use
pdf995 from URL:
http://www.pdf994.com

There is no setup, other than copying the pdf printer driver to my Microsoft
Windows printer driver folder.

A question: Is there any way to get URL links to be active within PDF
documents. I have many sound file liinks within my dictionary files. The
links work fine within MS Word, but when I make a PDF file to keep my
special Cheyenne characters, the links show up with the usual blue
underlining but they are not active. Nothing happens when I click on them. I
cannot access my sound files from my PDF document. Is this just a quirk of
the PDF printer driver I am using, or is it true of all PDF documents?

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/HKE4lB/TM