[Lexicog] Kweyol dictionary: Why popular? How user-friendly?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Tue Jan 27 11:27:42 UTC 2004

On 26/01/2004 19:25, martin_hosken at sil.org wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> pdf995 is certainly one way of creating PDFs cheaply. There is a way to do
> the same thing for free which I describe in
> www.sil.org/~hosken/Utils/PDFCreate.html the only hassle is that you have
> to do more work in installing. Once installed it is very easy to use (just
> print to the 'magic' printer).
>
> GB,
> Martin

pdf995 is not "cheaply", it is also free, and the pop-up ads are less
annoying than the ones on this Yahoo group. With both, you can pay to
get rid of the ads.

Martin's solution has the advantage that you can use the latest version
of ghostscript, the open source engine at the heart of both solutions,
whereas pdf995 comes with an older version of ghostscript built in. I
guess you can also set the ghostscript settings more flexibly if you
want particular options (e.g. I don't think pdf995 supports setting the
ghostscript output to give CMYK colour which many commercial printers
require).

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)