[Lexicog] Kweyol dictionary: Why popular? How user-friendly?

David Frank david_frank at SIL.ORG
Wed Jan 28 21:44:21 UTC 2004

from David Frank:

I hadn't planned on spending my time this way this week, but you all got me
interested in putting something from our St. Lucian Kweyol dictionary on the
internet, and now I have a refinement of what I had previously announced. If
you are interested, go to www.saintluciancreole.org/dictionary.htm, and you
can follow the links from there to see the preface, introduction, spelling
guide and appendix, all in PDF format. What I have not done yet is put the
body of the dictionary into PDF format. But a sample entry can be seen in
the introduction.

I am not sure I have yet settled on the optimal tool for working with PDF,
but I am satisfied that I have made a lot of progress in a short span of
time, at no cost. Note that the text is searchable, using the search
function in Adobe Acrobat.

Now a new question regarding to electonic publishing is whether I should try
to make the pagination of a book in PDF format match the pagination of the
print version. That may be tricky to try to accomplish. What is normal and
expected in that regard?

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: