[Lexicog] Shoebox filename glitch

Mike Maxwell maxwell at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Sun Mar 7 04:20:37 UTC 2004

Wayne Leman wrote:
> No, I'm not sure that it is possible to intercept the output before
> Word gets it. At least not for the non-programmer.  :-)
<...>
>> I presume you're exporting your Shoebox file as RTF, then importing
>> it in to Word.
>
> Yes, that is the process Shoebox uses.
>
>>  I just tried this with an underscore in a filename, and it imported
>> OK into Word.  So my hypothesis in the previous para seems to be
>> wrong. OTOH, I can't reproduce your problem.  Can you give us more
>> information on how you're exporting, version of Shoebox
>
> 5
>
>> and Word,
>
> 2002, as part of Office Pro XP

This is basically my setup, excep tthat I'm using Word 2K.  I doubt that
that makes a diff.  Just for clarity, here are my steps:

    Shoebox: File | Export, choose RTF format, no cc table
    Double-click on RTF file in file manager, Word opens it

(or you could look at the RTF file with a text editor)

If this still doesn't work, perhaps you could email me a few records from
your file, and the corresponding RTF file (with just those few records
exported).

    Mike Maxwell
    Linguistic Data Consortium
    maxwell at ldc.upenn.edu