[Lexicog] "lamb" as a metaphor

Vanessa Combet combet at SINEQUA.COM
Fri May 7 11:37:05 UTC 2004

All I can think of is "doux comme un agneau" in  French (nice, sweet,
without aggressivity).
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : Fritz Goerling [mailto:Fritz_Goerling at sil.org]
  Envoyé : jeudi 6 mai 2004 20:51
  À : lexicographylist yahoogroups
  Objet : [Lexicog] "lamb" as a metaphor

  What is associated with the image "lamb" when predicated of a person
  in your language (not only English?
  I can only think of "pious as a lamb" (lammfromm) in German.
  To my knowledge in English you can say "as innocent as a lamb"
  or "as docile/quiet/obedient as a lamb". And it can be
  used with reference to someone who you are fond of and who
  is gentle and lovable.

  Fritz Goerling

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor