[Lexicog] sounds animals make

Nick Miller nick.miller at CZECH-TRANSLATION.COM
Mon May 24 14:39:46 UTC 2004

I've never written to the group before, but just thought I'd say that for
'cock-a-doodle-doo' Czechs say 'kykyryký' /ki-keri-kee/, but to my mind its
one 'syllable' too short. I definitely hear 5 syllables myself. :->
As for dogs, they 'say' 'haf-haf' instead of 'woof-woof'.
It seems, however, that Czech and English cats would possibly understand
each other - 'miaow' = 'mòau' /mniaow/, the same goes for ducks 'quack' =
'kvák'.

Nick Miller

---
Sent message contains no viruses.
Verze: 6.0.690 / Virová báze: 451 - datum vydání: 22/05/2004

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM