encodings (was Re: [Lexicog] sounds animals make)

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Tue May 25 17:06:22 UTC 2004

On 25/05/2004 09:49, William J Poser wrote:

> James Kass' free Code2000 font (http://home.att.net/~jameskass/)
> <http://home.att.net/%7Ejameskass/%29>
> is a Unicode-encoded Truetype font that covers most of the Basic
> Multilingual
> Plane (meaning just about all writing systems in current use). I just
> checked and it provides the composed t-with-subscript dot etc.
> I don't use Microsoft Windows myself but I'm pretty sure that this
> font can be used with MS Windows.

Code2000 is not free, it is shareware and the author James Kass expects
$5 from each user, which helps to support his continuing work on fonts.

Two fonts for Windows which are free and do cover all of the Latin
script characters with diacritical marks defined for Unicode are Doulos
SIL and Gentium, both available from www.sil.org.

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)