[Lexicog] cyrillic with Toolbox

Hayim Sheynin hsheynin at GRATZ.EDU
Tue Nov 9 18:33:00 UTC 2004

Dear Ken,

This October you posted a message about use of Cyrillic with Toolbox
to the Lexicography list with the attachments. I assume those are SIL
files of Keyman. Can I ask you what software one needs to open them. On
my computer which has Windows XP, MS Word, Acrobat Reader and regular MS
keyboard, I was unable to open these files.

S pochteniem,
Hayim Y. Sheynin
Gratz College

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Keyes [mailto:ken_keyes at sil.org]
Sent: ה 28 אוקטובר 2004 02:48
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Lexicog] cyrillic with Toolbox

No problem, Bruno! Select the menu item Project/Language Encodings/Add
or Modify/...You may not have added Russian as a language. Then select
"options." You need to use a keyman keyboard still, since support for
native MS keyboards is still in the works. (Look for it in the next few
months) Then select "advanced" and check the box "UTF8."

I'm enclosing the Russian.lng for Toolbox, and the Russian "Phonetic"
keyboard (based on the US QWERTY keyboard) for your convenience.

Ken

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM