[Lexicog] Tips on keyboard mapping utilities for PC?

Benjamin J Barrett gogaku at IX.NETCOM.COM
Wed Sep 15 00:18:55 UTC 2004

The Interntional US keyboard is pretty intuitive for accents, the tilde
and the cedilla. For more extensive keyboarding, Microsoft offers a
keyboard creation utility that is easy to use. The only drawback I found
with my brief trials with it is that I couldn't program superscripted
letters, and I needed one to make a Makah keyboard.

Try searching at Microsoft. If that doesn't work and nobody else knows
the link, I'll try to go back and find it. I do remember you have to
have an extended something or another in order for it to work, but both
the extension and the keyboard creation utility are free.

HTH
Benjamin Barrett
Baking the World a Better Place (with the famous dog Pasco)
www.hiroki.us

-----Original Message-----
From: rba144 [mailto:rba144 at yahoo.com]

I've just started to research keyboard mapping utilities to use with
Windows XP.  Alt-C for C-wedge, that sort of thing...

Can anyone recommend a keyboard mapping utility that works well?
There must be something out there that works on most or all
PC-compatible applications, is glitch-free, easy to use, causes no
loss in speed, and is free or reasonably priced.

A friend/colleague who uses a Mac just gave me some links to keyboard
mapping; it lead in so many directions that I finally realized, "gee,
if I'm lost maybe I should ask directions."

Thanks,

Richard Applegate