[Lexicog] OT: Makah, keyboarding, and superscript-w (was: Query re keyboard re-mapping)

Patrick Chew patchew at BERKELEY.EDU
Fri Sep 17 21:55:26 UTC 2004

Mr. Barrett:

         I could've sworn that there's an encoded superscript <w> already
in the inventory... and lo and behold, I found it... it's to be found in
the "IPA Extensions" range, and the codepoint of the glyph you wanted is:
U+02B7.
         As for adding it onto a keyboard where it won't conflict with <w>
and <W>, it's easy enough to create a dead-key to mimic some mnemonic
device, i.e. <^>, and allow you to type a superscript-w.
         If you're using WinXP and would like a keyboard to handle
diacritics and special characters for Makah, please contact me directly and
let's talk in detail. (I've used MS's Keyboard Layout Creator quite a bit
now, so... I'm relatively used to it all...).

-Patrick

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM