[Lexicog] superscripted letters in orthographies

Crockett asigwan at YAHOO.COM
Sun Sep 19 21:29:02 UTC 2004

A recent comment about superscripted letters caught my attention. Does
anyone know of any languages that use superscripted letters in their
official orthographies? I imagine this is pretty rare, but I was wondering
how rare it is. Of course I'm talking about phonemic differentiations and
not something like abbreviations. For example, I mean writing something like
tegged and teggwed to differentiate between a normal 'g' and a labialized
'g.' I don't mean something like " 1st. "

Thanks,

Crockett

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.