[Lexicog] Unicode and the weather

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Wed Sep 22 17:26:37 UTC 2004

On 22/09/2004 17:57, Troy_C_Moore at sil.org wrote:

>As for weather conditions here on the Canadian prairies, it's sunny, clear
>and 19°C. (Hopefully that symbol from Arial Unicode MS's subset worked and
>it's superscripted on all your screens).
>
>TCM :-)
>P.S. Canadians always have to speak up when it comes to "American vs
>British" anything, eh. And as far as weather goes, I think the only
>difference is that neither of you guys use Celsius much!! :-)

In the UK we use Celsius officially and have done for many years, though
most people know both systems. But I think there are more differences
than that between British and Canadian weather. For one thing, when we
write 19°C we don't have to specify plus or minus.

It was in fact about that (plus, of course) here in SE England until a
couple of days ago, but down to more like 16-17°C today (that's the low
sixties to you who only know Fahrenheit).

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM