[Lexicog] Who Said What?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Tue Sep 28 10:37:05 UTC 2004

On 28/09/2004 00:51, Koontz John E wrote:

>Why wouldn't Eudora give me Unicode (at some future date)?  Not that I was
>insisting it did.  Just willing to trade pine for it or something like.
>The web mail alternative wasn't advertising Unicode either, incidentally.

Eudora was very popular in the 90's, but it is old technology which does
not support Unicode and is not being upgraded for it - probably not
being upgraded at all. The in thing now, apart from Microsoft products,
seems to be Mozilla Firefox - a free download for several platforms. It
supports Unicode well, although with some limitations on display of
really complex scripts (but then no one has quite got there yet).

Not all webmail clients handle Unicode, so you need to use one which does.

>Say, have we perhaps wandered off the track?

Yes! So I'll leave it there.

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)