[Lexicog] Who Said What?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Tue Sep 28 15:16:15 UTC 2004

On 28/09/2004 15:51, neduchi at netscape.net wrote:

>Hallo Benjamin,
>I can confirm it with the pop up menu I got on opening this present letter of your, even though it is not in Japanese.
>
>A QUESTION FOR SIL:
>DOes "DOulos Font" work on other OS like Mac and the Nix Family?
>
>Chinedu

I'm not SIL (although I used to be a member), but then I don't think SIL
font experts are on this list. But I can more or less answer your
question. All the regular glyphs in the Doulos SIL font should work OK
on Mac OS and *nix if they support any TrueType font. But you will get
all of the smart positioning only with a few Windows applications. Here
is an extract from the Doulos SIL documentation,
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=DoulosSIL_Technical:

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)