[Lexicog] Wiktionary for new language

Mike Maxwell maxwell at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Thu Dec 8 03:07:13 UTC 2005

 > Hi, to everybody. With a great interest i've read a message about
 > wictionary. I found out, there is no match for uzbek language. How can I
 > create this?

I can't answer that question, but you may want to first look at
   http://www.ismanov.com
which says they are trying to expand their dictionaries, and in particular
at their Uzbek-English dictionary
   http://www.ismanov.com/Projects/IsmanDic/ismandic.php
Notice the "Add your words" link.

There is also the Dirks Uzbek lexicon, which is on-line at
http://www.geocities.com/zangari_kema/.  There used to be a more complete
version of this at
    http://uzbek.firespeaker.org
but it doesn't seem to be available there any more.  I happen to know that
this is not a publicly editable dictionary, and its copyright should be
respected.  I'm not sure whether the ismanov project is doing so--some of
the entries are attributed to Dirks, although it's of course possible that
they have permission to use it in that way.

    Mike Maxwell
    CASL, University of Maryland

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM