[Lexicog] Particularity of Neapolitan grammar - origin?

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at YAHOO.IT
Sat Dec 10 17:47:54 UTC 2005

Good evening!

I was just checking the new Neapolitan lemmas we have around and there
is one particularity that makes it different from Italian.

Example: your mother in Italian is "tua madre" and in Neapolitan "mammate"

So the possessive is directly connected to the noun.

Can someone of you help me to understand from which language this way of
creating words comes from? Which other languages use this way of
creating a compound?

Thank you!!!

Best, Sabine

http://mail.yahoo.it