[Lexicog] how to make a new Wiktionary? and a bat

yahganlang phonosemantics at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Dec 20 23:25:39 UTC 2005

Reading over the last few weeks of the list I ran across the
references to the Wiktionary project. Having gone to the Wiktionary I
didn't see any easy way of setting up a new language entry. Since I'm
pretty sure there isn't one yet for Yahgan (though I have been slowly
putting in new material on the language at Wikipedia), any help here
would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The Yahgan word for "bat" is apawata. Dunno what apa- is (several
possibilities present themselves, from the verb "die" to the word for
"skin", perhaps relation to apvrinix "star" (v is schwa)), but wata is
probably a reduction of the word "mouse".

Happy Holidays.

Jess Tauber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM