[Lexicog] how to make a new Wiktionary? and a bat

Tue Dec 27 08:59:39 UTC 2005

It's tough to figure out. I spent some time and even added Yahgan to
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Multilingual_coordination#Dictionar
y_projects. (When doing so, I created the three-letter abbreviation of yan,
but feel free to change that.)

Finally, I found this as a place to request a new language:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages

* * * * *
Benjamin Barrett
Baking the World a Better Place
www.hiroki.us
* * * * *

  _____

From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of yahganlang

Reading over the last few weeks of the list I ran across the
references to the Wiktionary project. Having gone to the Wiktionary I
didn't see any easy way of setting up a new language entry. Since I'm
pretty sure there isn't one yet for Yahgan (though I have been slowly
putting in new material on the language at Wikipedia), any help here
would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!