[Lexicog] how to make a new Wiktionary? and a bat

meijg gerardm at MYREALBOX.COM
Tue Dec 27 18:54:21 UTC 2005

The "problem" with wiktionaries is that there is not one Wiktionary, there are many wiktionaries. I am particularly active on the Wiktionary for the Dutch language. We want to have as much as the English Wiktionary all words in all languages.  I just added the 334 language template on this wiktionary.. :)

One reason why it does not work well is because the Wiktionaries are so fractured.. I have posted about that in the past. I am happy to inform you that we have our first software on-line you can read about it here: http://www.wesolveitnet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=86&forum=36&post_id=120#forumpost120

I hope you will enjoy it.. it is a proof of concept; we will be working first towards a write enabled version of this software and we will then start adding both content and functionality.. The aim is to include everything you could have included in a wiktionary and then somen :)

Thanks,
  GerardM