[Lexicog] FileMaker Pro 7

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Sun Jul 17 03:16:36 UTC 2005

Re: [Lexicog]  FileMaker Pro 7Brook, you should be able to continue using Shoebox on your Mac if you are willing to use a Windows emulator. I know things processes slow down, but you don't usually need fast speed for your lexical files until you are doing some data-intensive massaging, such as re-alphabetizing, doing other sorts, extracting specific semantic domains, etc.

I'm sure there are others on here who would be able to comment on how well Shoebox or Toolbox works under Windows emulation on a Mac.

I guess I'm getting old enuf that I'd rather stick with software I'm familiar with than climb another learning curve. But you may enjoy that climb. If so, more power to you.

Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman
Cheyenne website: http://www.geocities.com/cheyenne_language
  Thanks everyone for your responses.

  In fact, I had been using Shoebox/Toolbox, but recently switched to a Mac, so I am looking for some dictionary software to use on a Mac.

  If anyone has any more comments or experiences about using FileMaker Pro 7 or any other database or dictionary software on a Mac for that matter, I would be interested.

  Thanks again!

  -Brook