[Lexicog] Equivalents for German "Heimat"

Marco Baroni baroni at SSLMIT.UNIBO.IT
Thu Jun 2 17:39:55 UTC 2005

Thanks for the explanation.

I was just talking to an Austrian colleague here in Vienna, and we both
felt that we would use the terms patria (I) and Heimat (him) only
jokingly, as they seem to correlate in our minds with a constellation of
unpleasent things (Fascism/Nazism, wars, and the like...)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/HKE4lB/TM