[Lexicog] Semantic domains for lexical analysis

Naomi Fox naomi.fox at UTAH.EDU
Wed Oct 19 14:01:42 UTC 2005

Dear List Members,

We're digitizing previously collected data (primarily lexical
entries) from a Central American language. I have some questions
about including semantic fields in our data entry process.

1) is there a "standard" list of semantic fields which is used in
lexical analysis?

2) Are there any lists of semantic fields which are available for
download in a non-software-dependent format (e.g. CSV, tab-delimited)
which we could upload into our database?

Thank you in advance for your information. I would be very happy to
hear any suggestions.

Best,
Naomi

Naomi Fox